Minimum Entry Requirement
Minimum Entry Requirement
For Malaysian Candidates:
For International Candidates:
Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or *equivalent with five (5) credits:
Mandatory credits in:
Either one (1) of the credit below:
Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or *equivalent with five (5) subjects (minimum Grade C):
Either one (1) credit in the following subjects:
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credits - 'A+' to 'C'
SPM Passes - 'D' to 'E'
O-Level Credits - 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credits - 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM Principals - 'A' to 'C'
A-Level - 'A' to 'C'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students :
- ALL Malaysian students must have credits in Bahasa Melayu at SPM level for admission into Nursing Programmes.
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade of B+ in SPM English language; or minimum grade of C in SPM English language 1119/O-Level English/IGCSE; or minimum grade of A2 in UEC English language; or minimum Band 3 in MUET.
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
For International Students :
- ALL International students must have English requirements: IELTS Band 5.5; OR TOEFL 550 (Written-based), 215 (Computer-based), 80 (internet-based).
- Therapeutic Communication Skills
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology I
- Introduction to Professional Nursing
- Basic Microbiology in Nursing
- Fundamentals of Nursing I
- Nursing Practicum I
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology II
- Basic Pharmacology for Nurses
- Fundamentals of Nursing II
- Medical Surgical Nursing I
- Nursing Practicum II
- MPU-U4 Extra-Curriculum Learning Experience
- Basic Concept in Sociology
- Psychology in Nursing
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing II
- Nursing Practicum III
- MPU-U1-Pengajian Malaysia / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Obstetric and Gynaecological Nursing
- Community & Gerontological Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing III
- Nursing Practicum IV
- Option for MPU-U2 Course *
- MPU-U4 Extra-curriculum Learning Experience
- Care of the Paediatric Client
- Mental Health Nursing
- Acute Care Nursing
- Introduction to Nursing Research & Statistics
- Nursing Practicum V
- MPU–U3- Creative Thinking Skills
- Ward Management
- Clinical Internship
- Nursing Practicum VI
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.