OUTSTANDING MEDIUM CHAPTER AWARD 2018Mohd Fauzi Zanil, Assistant Professor Dr Elango Natarajan, Assistant Professor Dr MKA Ahamed Khan, Chuah Eng Yew |  Faculty of Engineering, Technology & Built Environment
Congratulations to the UCSI IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) Malaysia chapter Executive Committee Members on being awarded the OUTSTANDING MEDIUM CHAPTER AWARD 2018 at the IEEE Malaysia Section AGM and Appreciation Dinner.
MOST CITED PAPER BY EMERALD PUBLISHING LIMITEDProfessor Dr Ooi Keng Boon |  Dean, Faculty of Business and Information Science
Congratulations to Professor Dr Ooi Keng Boon on receiving the certificate of ‘Most Cited Paper’ by Emerald Publishing Limited for his paper, titled What catalyses mobile apps usage intention: an empirical analysis.
TAKING IT ONE STEP FURTHER AT IMPERIALKhaw Liang Fa |  Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- Selected by Imperial College London in 2018 to do research on the enhancement of the performance of silica nanoparticles in protein crystallisation by changing the particle morphology and surface chemistry.
An alumnus of SMK Mutiara Rini, Skudai, Johor
SELECTED BY TSINGHUA TO ADVANCE RESEARCH USING DNA ORIGAMIJong Cha Yong |  Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- Selected by Tsinghua University in 2018 to do research on protein crystallisation seeding using DNA origami.
An alumnus of SMK Luak, Miri, Sarawak
PUSHING NEW FRONTIERS IN QUEENSLANDMuhammad Hafidz Khairudin |  BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Selected by University of Queensland to research on the economic analysis of different types of Photovoltaic Array technologies.
An alumnus of Maktab Rendah Sains MARA, Muar, Johor
MOHD FAUZI WINS BEST PAPER AWARD IN THE 2018 IEEE 4TH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ROBOTICS AND MANUFACTURING AUTOMATIONMohd Fauzi Zanil |  Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Built Environment
UCSI’s Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Built Environment lecturer Mohd Fauzi Zanil won the best paper award in the 2018 IEEE 4th International Symposium on Robotics and Manufacturing
Automation (IEEE ROMA 2018).
The symposium was organised by the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society - Malaysia Chapter in Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Engineering College, Perambalur, TN, India.
His paper was entitled “Modified Meta-Heuristic Bee Colony Optimisation In The Polymerisation of Propylene”.
ENGINEERING TAKES ON A NEW MEANING AT QUEENSLANDWong Jun Ying |  BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Selected by University of Queensland to investigate abnormal power patterns observed in solar arrays in a plant in Gatton, Australia.
An alumnus of SMK Engku Husain, Semenyih, Selangor
FROM SCHLUMBERGER TO SHELL. UCSI HELPED KEVIN REACH HIGHER.Kevin Sraatharan |  Alumnus, BA (Hons) Logistics Management
- Currently a customer operations specialist at Shell Malaysia.
- Previously an intern at Schlumberger Malaysia.
- Member, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
- Hong Leong Foundation Scholarship holder.
An alumnus of SMK Sri Permata, Petaling Jaya
ACTUARIAL SCIENCE STUDENTS BEAT THE ODDSCALVIN CHONG TING YEE, NG XIN YEE, TAN JUN HAO AND JAMES KOO JIAN WEI
- Recognising four of our many Actuarial Science students who passed all five preliminary exams set by Society of Actuaries (SoA) in record quick time.
- CONGRATULATIONS to CALVIN CHONG TING YEE (before completion of 3rd year), NG XIN YEE (before completion of 2nd year), TAN JUN HAO (before completion of 2nd year) and JAMES KOO JIAN WEI (before completion of 3rd year).
IT STUDENTS GO THE EXTRA MILE AND WIN IN COMPETITIONJason Quek Ghee Khang, Michelle Yeong Wan Li, Harry Lean Fu Liang, Too Wing Ging
- Congratulations to Jason Quek Ghee Khang, Michelle Yeong Wan Li, Harry Lean Fu Liang, Too Wing Ging from the School Of IT for emerging as champions for The Business Idea Competition 2018.
- The competition was initiated by Axissoft Corporation and UCSI University.